-   -   cell display sheet name (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/62696-cell-display-sheet-name.html)

dingy101

cell display sheet name

Is it possible to have a cell auto fill with the sheet name.

I want to use the sheet name in formulas across multiple sheets.

Thanks
Gary

Bob Phillips

cell display sheet name

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html

--

HTH

RP

"dingy101" wrote in message
Is it possible to have a cell auto fill with the sheet name.

I want to use the sheet name in formulas across multiple sheets.

Thanks
Gary

Bernard Liengme

cell display sheet name

Here is a UDF that does that
Function mysheet()
mysheet = Application.ActiveSheet.Name
End Function

Open VB Editor with ALT+F11
In the project window (generally to left) select the worksheet - look for
VBAProject(YourFIleName)
Use Insert|Module
Copy or retype my function
In Excel enter =mysheet()