-   -   Data Validation Formula Help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6249-data-validation-formula-help.html)

Steve H.

Data Validation Formula Help

In cell H1 I have a data validation (list) 12 Months January through
December. The list is in cells V1 through V12. In Cells W1 through W12 I
have a value of 1 through 12 that coreesponds to the month. For example the
number 1 is next to January.

I would like cell I1 to return a numerical value based on the month selected
in the data validation cell H1.

What would my formula be in cell I1?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

The column W is abundant. The formula in I1 will be
=MATCH(A1;V1:V12;0)

Arvi Laanemets

"Steve H." wrote in message
In cell H1 I have a data validation (list) 12 Months January through
December. The list is in cells V1 through V12. In Cells W1 through W12 I
have a value of 1 through 12 that coreesponds to the month. For example

the
number 1 is next to January.

I would like cell I1 to return a numerical value based on the month

selected
in the data validation cell H1.

What would my formula be in cell I1?

Thanks in advance.