-   -   formula displays, not the text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/62459-formula-displays-not-text.html)

mike

formula displays, not the text

I want to repeat cells (titles) in multiple sheets referencing the text from
sheet1. However when I properly type in the formula, it is the formula that
displays, not the text.

Any suggestions? Is the worksheet protected in some way? It has been
shared by a couple of co-workers.
I can do it properly in a new worksheet

Duke Carey

formula displays, not the text

Change the cells' format from Text to General

Format-Cells- and click on the Number tab

"mike" wrote:

I want to repeat cells (titles) in multiple sheets referencing the text from
sheet1. However when I properly type in the formula, it is the formula that
displays, not the text.

Any suggestions? Is the worksheet protected in some way? It has been
shared by a couple of co-workers.
I can do it properly in a new worksheet

Duke Carey

formula displays, not the text

And after you change the format, re-enter the formula by pressing F2 followed
by Enter

"mike" wrote:

I want to repeat cells (titles) in multiple sheets referencing the text from
sheet1. However when I properly type in the formula, it is the formula that
displays, not the text.

Any suggestions? Is the worksheet protected in some way? It has been
shared by a couple of co-workers.
I can do it properly in a new worksheet

SteveG

formula displays, not the text

Mike,

Check the format of the cells that you are entering the formula in
prior to entering. If they are formatted as Text prior to entering the
formula, the result will be that you see the formula. If this is the
case, re-format to General, enter your formulas and then you can
re-format back to Text. If not, check the workbook options.
ToolsOptionsView if the checkbox next to Formulas is selected,
deselect it, click OK and go back and try entering your formulas again.

HTH

Cheers,

Steve

--