-   -   Insert row number into a cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/62371-insert-row-number-into-cell.html)

CR Optiker

Insert row number into a cell?

I want to enter an IF function into an array of cells such that if the
value in a cell is equal to a certain number, in the corresponding cell on
another worksheet, the result entered into the function cell is the row
number of that cell.

Can I do that, and if so, what's the syntax for the row number? My equation
is as foillows where $A1 represents the row number of the formula cell. For
a placeholder, I've entered a simple series in the A column, and use that,
but I'd rather use the row number if there's a way to do it.

=IF(flat!A1=255,$A1,0)

Thanks!
Optiker

Govind

Insert row number into a cell?

Hi,

Modify your formula to

=IF(flat!A1=255,row(A1),0)

and copy it down to the array to return the row number.

Regards

Govind.

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:37:52 +1100, Govind wrote:

Hi,

Modify your formula to

=IF(flat!A1=255,row(A1),0)

and copy it down to the array to return the row number.

Regards

Govind.

CR Optiker wrote:

=IF(flat!A1=255,$A1,0)