-   -   Stop rounding values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6228-stop-rounding-values.html)

Keith

Stop rounding values

I have several values that have been set to show only 2 decimal places,
but the actual value has more. When I sum the two cells I get the wrong
result.

For example

A1 = 23.34656 displayed as 23.35
A2 = 1.1072 displayed as 1.11

When the two displayed values are added the answer is 24.46 but if you
enter the formula A1+A2 the result is 24.45

How do I stop Excel doing this?

JulieD

Hi Keith

maybe
=ROUND(A1,2)+ROUND(A2,2)

or you could tick tools / options / calculations tab - precision as
displayed
from help:
"Precision as displayed Permanently changes stored values in cells from full
precision (15 digits) to whatever format, including decimal places, is
displayed."

Cheers
JulieD

"Keith" wrote in message
I have several values that have been set to show only 2 decimal places, but
the actual value has more. When I sum the two cells I get the wrong
result.

For example

A1 = 23.34656 displayed as 23.35
A2 = 1.1072 displayed as 1.11

When the two displayed values are added the answer is 24.46 but if you
enter the formula A1+A2 the result is 24.45

How do I stop Excel doing this?

Frank Kabel

Hi
use ROUND at your intermediate results. e.g.
=ROUND(A1,2)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Keith" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have several values that have been set to show only 2 decimal

places,
but the actual value has more. When I sum the two cells I get the

wrong
result.

For example

A1 = 23.34656 displayed as 23.35
A2 = 1.1072 displayed as 1.11

When the two displayed values are added the answer is 24.46 but if

you
enter the formula A1+A2 the result is 24.45

How do I stop Excel doing this?

Nick Hodge

Keith

You either

1) Need to change the setting in ToolsOptionsCalculationPrecision as
displayed (May not be desirable)
2) Wrap your formulae in the ROUND function

=ROUND(A1,2)+ROUND(A2,2)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge