-   -   IS THERE A FORMULA TO MAKE E=6:00PM ETC SHIFT TIMES AND HOURS (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/62133-there-formula-make-e%3D6-00pm-etc-shift-times-hours.html)

Angel Devoid

IS THERE A FORMULA TO MAKE E=6:00PM ETC SHIFT TIMES AND HOURS

i would like to know if excel could seek out a certain letter eg(E) and turn
it in to a number eg e=15:00 as in what time the work shift finnishes. need
to know a formula for it tried the "if" formula. =if(a2="E","15:00") which
works untill you tell it too look in more then one cell because the cells
have a mixture of E , LM , MID all diferent shifts. get my drift?

Peo Sjoblom

IS THERE A FORMULA TO MAKE E=6:00PM ETC SHIFT TIMES AND HOURS

So what are the other shift hours? If you only need to check for E and you
want to know how many times it occurred in a range you can use

=(COUNTIF(B:B,"E")*"15:00")-(COUNTIF(B:B,"E")*"06:00")

where I assumed that for shift E start time is 06:00 so if for instance
there were 6 occurrences of E in column B the result would be 54:00 (format
result as custom [hh]:mm) and if you want to multiply that with a rate
multiply with 24 as well as the rate, with 54:00 in H2

=H2*24*20.50

format as currency

Peo Sjoblom

"Angel Devoid" <Angel wrote in message
i would like to know if excel could seek out a certain letter eg(E) and

turn
it in to a number eg e=15:00 as in what time the work shift finnishes.

need
to know a formula for it tried the "if" formula. =if(a2="E","15:00") which
works untill you tell it too look in more then one cell because the cells
have a mixture of E , LM , MID all diferent shifts. get my drift?

Gary''s Student

IS THERE A FORMULA TO MAKE E=6:00PM ETC SHIFT TIMES AND HOURS

First select the cells containing the letter you want to change and then
pull-down:

Edit Find aand then enter e and then replace with 15:00
--
Gary's Student