-   -   how do I get 8 Conditional Formats for 1 Cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/62122-how-do-i-get-8-conditional-formats-1-cell.html)

Craig

how do I get 8 Conditional Formats for 1 Cell

I need a particular Cell to Highlight if it is the same (or equal to ) 8
different cells in the 1 row

Duke Carey

how do I get 8 Conditional Formats for 1 Cell

one way - assuming you mean if the cell's value matches ANY of the other 8
cells

use Formula is

=sumproduct(--(A1:H1=M1))=1

and set your format

"Craig" wrote:

I need a particular Cell to Highlight if it is the same (or equal to ) 8
different cells in the 1 row

Bob Phillips

how do I get 8 Conditional Formats for 1 Cell

Just test each cell for the same value,

either

=AND(A1=L1,A1=M1,A1=Q1) obviously add extra tests

or if the cells are contiguous use

=COUNTIF(M1:T1,A1)=8

--

HTH