-   -   macro problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/61968-macro-problem.html)

tweacle

macro problem

I have a macro which saves a workbook as a different name to the master
copy that I am using by having this command.

'Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro ("save.as?()")

No problem with it saving as. I then have the macro to break the links
on the new renamed workbook and then return to the master copy. The
problem is that despite writing the macro in the master copy it saves
it in the renamed workbook. Is there anyway that I can keep it in the
master workbook cos I need to use the same macro every month.

If not is there anyway I can save the master copy as a renamed file and
then break the links on it but keeping the links on the master copy.

--
tweacle