-   -   How do I write an Excel formula to calculate my working time? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/61959-how-do-i-write-excel-formula-calculate-my-working-time.html)

GregJ

How do I write an Excel formula to calculate my working time?

I would like to write a formula where I would input the starting time of a
project or customer call minus the finishing time and then convert that
amount of minutes to tenths of an hour.
Any ideas how?
Thanks
Greg Johnson

Niek Otten

How do I write an Excel formula to calculate my working time?

Reverse the calculation: End time minus start time.
=(a1-A2)*24
Format as general or number, not time

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"GregJ" wrote in message
I would like to write a formula where I would input the starting time of a
project or customer call minus the finishing time and then convert that
amount of minutes to tenths of an hour.
Any ideas how?
Thanks
Greg Johnson

GregJ

How do I write an Excel formula to calculate my working time?

Thanks Niek'
Exactly which formula should I write? Let's say I start the contact at 10:43
and finish it at 11:01 and I need the calculation in tenths of an hour.
Please advise which formula I should use and the exact context of this
formula and which one to use.
Thanks again

"GregJ" wrote in message
I would like to write a formula where I would input the starting time of a
project or customer call minus the finishing time and then convert that
amount of minutes to tenths of an hour.
Any ideas how?
Thanks
Greg Johnson

Niek Otten

How do I write an Excel formula to calculate my working time?

With the start time in A1 and the end time in B1:

=(B1-A1)*24

Format as Number. It will probably be formatted as time automatically;
ignore that and format as number.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten