-   -   SUMIF problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6193-sumif-problem.html)

Hodge

SUMIF problem

I am trying to create a SUMIF formula (maybe nested) that will take the
correct sum from a table of data that looks a little like below;

Initials Week created No of entries

AB 45 100
GH 46 80

I am trying to use this data to return a result into a summary table as
below

Week
45 46
Initials

AB
GH

for the person to the left & for the week specified above sum the
entries found in the data.

Hope someone can help.

--
Hodge
Hodge's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16342

Max

One way ..

In Sheet1
-------------
Assume the table is in cols A to C,
data from row2 down, i.e.:

Initials WeekCreated NoOfEntries
AB 45 100
GH 46 80
etc

In Sheet2
-------------
With initials listed in A3 down,
and week #s listed in B2 across, viz.:

Week
Initials 45 46 etc
AB ? ?
GH ? ?
etc

Put in B3:

=SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$A$2:$A$1000=$A3)*(Sheet1!$B$2 :$B$1000=B$2),Sheet1!$C$2:
$C$1000)

Copy B3 across as required,
then fill down to populate the table

(Adjust the ranges to suit - these have to be identical,
and note that entire col references [B:B, C:C, etc]
cannot be used in SUMPRODUCT)

For the sample data in Sheet1, you'll get:

Week
Initials 45 46
AB 100 0
GH 0 80

To have a cleaner look,
you could suppress extraneous zeros from showing via:
Tools Options View tab Uncheck Zero values OK

--
Rgds
Max