-   -   Identify date in 2 rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6192-identify-date-2-rows.html)

dave

Identify date in 2 rows

Hi,

I am try to add up the number of entries in a column, only if there is
another entry on the same row in another specified column.
ie
A B
1 x i
2 t
3 r
4 t

The total for this would be 1.

Many Thanks in advance

K.S.Warrier

Hi,
Create a column C
C1=if(and(A1<"",B1<""),1,0)
C2=if(and(A2<"",B2<""),1,0)
Similarly C3,C4...
Sum(C1:C4..) give the required answer.
Thanks,
K.S.Warrier

"dave" wrote:

Hi,

I am try to add up the number of entries in a column, only if there is
another entry on the same row in another specified column.
ie
A B
1 x i
2 t
3 r
4 t

The total for this would be 1.

Many Thanks in advance

Frank Kabel

Hi
try
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10<""),--(B1:B10<""))