-   -   How Do I Ad Columns and Rows? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/61884-how-do-i-ad-columns-rows.html)

Roemy

How Do I Ad Columns and Rows?

I'm working on a budget with items across the top row and months along the
left side column, i'd like to be able to ad both rows and columns up
automatically as they go. i'm not certain how to do this.

Duke Carey

How Do I Ad Columns and Rows?

by 'ad' do you mean SUM()? Or do you mean insert new rows and columns?

To SUM things, simply use the SUM() function and reference the range you
want summed, i.e.,

=SUM(a2:A30) to add together all the values in cells A2 through A30.

If you're not asking about SUMs, I'm not sure what you you mean
by'automatically' inserting rows and columns