-   -   generate word file from excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/61720-generate-word-file-excel.html)

memotronic

generate word file from excel

I am using microsoft excel to calculate customer quotations and then
type all number in microsoft word document manually.

Question:

Can excel generate or fill up word document automaticaly ?

if yes, How ?

--
memotronic
memotronic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29840

Pete

generate word file from excel

How large is your quotation table? You can easily <copy the table from
Excel and <paste it into Word to save you re-typing everything.

Pete

Lomax

generate word file from excel

Good Morning Memotronic

You may be able to use Mail Merge from the Word "Tools" Menu .
If you could set up a Template for your word document and take the info from
excel and merge to the document. This is a pretty handy feature.
lomax
"memotronic" wrote
in message ...

I am using microsoft excel to calculate customer quotations and then
type all number in microsoft word document manually.

Question:

Can excel generate or fill up word document automaticaly ?

if yes, How ?

--
memotronic
memotronic's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=495719

Jay

generate word file from excel

I am using microsoft excel to calculate customer quotations and then
type all number in microsoft word document manually.

Question:

Can excel generate or fill up word document automatically ?

If every quotation is destined for Word, one approach is to start with a
Word document that has a worksheet embedded in it. This might save a step.

In Word, use
Insert Object
to embed a worksheet in the Word document.

To work with the embedded worksheet later using Excel, select it and use
Edit Worksheet object