-   -   How to avoid duplicate characters if only typed once? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/61675-how-avoid-duplicate-characters-if-only-typed-once.html)

bonniep53

How to avoid duplicate characters if only typed once?

While in a spreadsheet, I started typing a character, but two of every
character showed in the formula line. When I hit enter, nothing showed up in
the cell. I tried using a different cell and the same thing happened.

Dave Peterson

How to avoid duplicate characters if only typed once?

The first thing I would do would be to swap keyboards. It sounds to me like a
hardware problem.

--

Dave Peterson

bonniep53

How to avoid duplicate characters if only typed once?

Thanks for your input Dave. I have been using Excel for a long time and
never came across a situation like this. It was so wierd, every character I
typed came up as a double character, but nothing ever showed up in the cell.
Eventually, I closed the document and re-opened it. I have not had the
problem since.

bonniep53 wrote:

While in a spreadsheet, I started typing a character, but two of every
character showed in the formula line. When I hit enter, nothing showed up in
the cell. I tried using a different cell and the same thing happened.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

How to avoid duplicate characters if only typed once?

Remember, if it only happened once, it didn't really happen!

(It makes working with pc's much easier <vbg.)