-   -   Pivot Table formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/61514-pivot-table-formatting.html)

thunderbirds

Pivot Table formatting

I have created a pivot table which includes a column showing times. The data
list has the column formatted as hh:mm, but the same information in the pivot
table comes out in hh:mm:ss format. I re-format it, but everytime I refresh
data it reverts back to the hh:mm:ss format. How can I stop this change
happening. I have even ticked the preserve formatting box in options, but it
still does it. I am using Excel 2000 with XP. Thanks

William Horton

Pivot Table formatting

You need to set the formats using the pivot table functionality (field
settings of the pivot field). Not the normal Excel way (Format / Cells).
Choose the number option and format accordingly. I also believe the field
selection needs to be "enabled" (see pivot table toolbar) for it to work.

Hope this is a start.

Bill Horton