-   -   How do I use cell contents as an address in a formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/61255-how-do-i-use-cell-contents-address-formula.html)

tomeck

How do I use cell contents as an address in a formula

I want to create a formula like follows:
= 'sheet name'!B38 where 'sheet name' is the contents of another cell,
such as g2.

So, if g2 contained "Division 1" as its contents, the formula would return
the contents of the cell B38 on thesheet labeled "Division 1"

David Billigmeier

How do I use cell contents as an address in a formula

=INDIRECT("'"&G2&"'!B38")

Dave