-   -   I am trying to match 2 lists (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/60981-i-am-trying-match-2-lists.html)

Smish

I am trying to match 2 lists

What I am trying to do is match 2 lists to get a value. In other words in
sheet1 I have this:
1 address anywhere
2 address some where
3 adress who knows

In sheet 4 I have a lists of addresses and if anything in column a matches
the list in sheet 4 I want it to put return in the same row in column j.

so if 1a matches anything in the list in sheet4 it will put "return" for a
value in 1j.

Peo Sjoblom

I am trying to match 2 lists

=IF(COUNTIF('Sheet4!$A1$A100,'Sheet1!A1)0,"Return ","No Return")

copy down, for further reading see:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)