-   -   How can I create a field indicating a persons age by using bd inf (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/60922-how-can-i-create-field-indicating-persons-age-using-bd-inf.html)

Tim

How can I create a field indicating a persons age by using bd inf

How can I create an age field in excel using birthday info and possibly the
"today' function. I would not care if the answer is decimal or days as long
as it makes sense. Thanks in advance. Tim

Paul B

How can I create a field indicating a persons age by using bd inf

Tim, have a look here for ways to do it

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm#Age

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Tim" wrote in message
How can I create an age field in excel using birthday info and possibly

the
"today' function. I would not care if the answer is decimal or days as

long
as it makes sense. Thanks in advance. Tim

Gord Dibben

How can I create a field indicating a persons age by using bd inf

Tim

The undocumented DATEDIF Function.........

Assuming birthdate in A6

=DATEDIF(A6,TODAY(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A6,TODAY(),"ym") & " months,
"& DATEDIF(A6,TODAY(),"md") & " days,"

OR is birthdate in A6 and later date in A7

=DATEDIF(A6,A7,"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A6,A7,"ym") & " months, "&
DATEDIF(A6,A7,"md") & " days,"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP