-   -   How do I make an If-Then formula in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6074-how-do-i-make-if-then-formula-excel.html)

kdub1980

How do I make an If-Then formula in Excel?

I am trying to make an Excel spreadsheet to calculate my productivity at
work. I would like to make a column that works like this:
If I work X amount of these projects then that's Y% of my goal.
But if I work X amount of these projects then that's Y% of my goal.
At work we have different goals for different "Skill Levels", and you work
all the Skill Levels each day. I would like to be able to put this into a
formula.
I would like to be able to type in, say, 3 (for Skill Level 3) and have that
translate to 3.125% of my goal. And then on the next row I work a Skill
Level 5 which is 2% of my goal. I want to be able to do this by entering in
the Skill Level number, rather than the corresponding percentage. Is this
possible? Thanks for any help you can give me! :)

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

An example:
You enter the skill level into cell A1. When for skill level 1 the
percentage is 5%, sor skill level 2 - 4%, ... , for skill level 5 - 1%, then
you get it by formula
=CHOOSE(A1;5%;4%;3%;2%;1%)

The formula ignores fractional part of number in A1, and returns an error
whenever integral part of number is <1 and number of percentages in
formula.

--
Arvi Laanemets
(When sending e-mail, use address arvil<Attarkon.ee)

"kdub1980" wrote in message
[...]

Awesome, thank you so much! It worked. It took a little modifying as Excel
only would allow 29 variables and I have 35. But I made a little work around
of putting skill levels 1-15 in one column and 16-35 in another. Also, on
mine, I had to replace the semi-colons with commas, but other than that, the
formula worked! :)

"kdub1980" wrote in message
Awesome, thank you so much! It worked. It took a little modifying as

Excel
only would allow 29 variables and I have 35. But I made a little work

around
of putting skill levels 1-15 in one column and 16-35 in another. Also, on
mine, I had to replace the semi-colons with commas, but other than that,

the
formula worked! :)

You can create a separate sheet, p.e. Levels, with a single-column skill
levels table in range A1:A35. I advice to define this table a named range
p.e. SkillLevels
=Levels!$A$1:$A$35
(When you want, you can hide this sheet after that)

Now the formula from my previous posting will look like
=CHOOSE(A1,SkillLevels)