-   -   how to write function to find max deviation from specific number . (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/60724-how-write-function-find-max-deviation-specific-number.html)

barbdee

how to write function to find max deviation from specific number .

how do I write a function to find the maximum deviation from a specific
number (say 25, for example) in a worksheet of numbers above and below 25
(say cells d7:r249, for example)

Biff

how to write function to find max deviation from specific number .

Hi!

Try this:

A1 = 25

=MAX(ABS(MAX(D7:R249)-A1),ABS(MIN(D7:R249)-A1))

Biff

"barbdee" wrote in message
how do I write a function to find the maximum deviation from a specific
number (say 25, for example) in a worksheet of numbers above and below 25
(say cells d7:r249, for example)

Jerry W. Lewis

how to write function to find max deviation from specific number .

=MAX(ABS(D7:R249-25))
array entered (Ctrl-Shift-Enter)

Jerry