-   -   Combo box list w/ data in 2nd workbook without opening both files (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/60675-combo-box-list-w-data-2nd-workbook-without-opening-both-files.html)

MHCPO

Combo box list w/ data in 2nd workbook without opening both files

I have several combo boxes that, due to size of dropdown list, require the
list to be in another workbook. I named the range in the data workbook and
have the combo boxes going to the range for the dropdown list. It works
beautifully as long as I have the data workbook open (and it must be opened
first). Because this form is used by all employees, I do not want to have to
open the list workbook each time. Please help a frustrated user.Thanks.