-   -   Combine information about products from 2 spreadsheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/60399-combine-information-about-products-2-spreadsheets.html)

wstaylor81

Combine information about products from 2 spreadsheets

Hi Everybody, thank you in advance for your help :)

I am trying to two seperate spreadsheets into one. The spreadsheets are
two different versions of the same list. One is older and one is newer.
The spreadsheets look like this.

Spreadsheet 1

SKU #_______Category_______Keyword

123_________(Blank)________Preschool
234_________(Blank)________Classroom

etc...

Spreadsheet 2 (This is the newer spreadsheet and it contains new
products that are not in the old spreadsheet.)

SKU #_______Category_______Keyword

123_________School_________(Blank)
234_________School_________(Blank)
345_________School_________(Blank) New product not in Spreadsheet 1

I need to merge these two spreadsheets, to get the category data, and
the keyword data into the same spreadsheet. As well as this, I need the
new products that are only in spreadsheet 2 and do not have a match in
spreadsheet 1 to show up in the merged spreadsheet as well. Can anybody
help me out with this. Thank you very much.

Will Taylor

--
wstaylor81
wstaylor81's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29495

Roland

Combine information about products from 2 spreadsheets

On your spreadsheet with the new data, do a VOOKUP of the SKU's against the
SKU's on the old data. A #N/A will be returned for the new items.

=VLOOKUP(new_sku_cell,range_of_old_sku's,1,false)