-   -   Printing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/60376-printing.html)

Al

Printing

I have a worksheet with a single column of data (dvd list). How can I get
it to print 2 or 3 columns to a page?

John

Printing

Range it (left click hold down, and drag until required area is highlighted)
for say, Column A to C, then within Page set-up under scaling say print 1
page wide by 5 pages tall etc

Keep to one newsgroup when posting, its best

"Al" wrote in message ...
I have a worksheet with a single column of data (dvd list). How can I get
it to print 2 or 3 columns to a page?

Max

Printing

"Al" wrote in message ...
I have a worksheet with a single column of data (dvd list). How can I get
it to print 2 or 3 columns to a page?

Think Jim Cone has a nice Excel add-in "Side by Side" which could help you.
Try this post for details on how to reach Jim: http://tinyurl.com/9dwlv

Another play to try is to re-arrange the single source col
into several side-by-side cols
(then we could select the cols for printing or whatever)

Assume source list is in A1 down.
Let's say we want to re-arrange the source list into 3 side-by-side cols

Put in say, C1:
=INDEX($A:$A,ROW(A1)*3-3+COLUMN(A1))
Copy C1 across to E1,
fill down until zeros appear signalling exhaustion of data from col A

Adapt to suit ..
--
Rgds
Max