-   -   Sorting Data in Tables (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/60264-sorting-data-tables.html)

fordstynkx

Sorting Data in Tables

I have a fairly significant amount of data that I would like to have at least
two different methods of sorting similar to, or including a VLookup function.

For example, if comparing a widget company to the widget industry as a
whole, I would like to compare the subject company to companies with the same
gross annual sales, and of those companies to which the subject is compared,
I want the option of swithing the comparison so that the subject company is
compared to the upper quartile, or the mid-range, or the lower quartile in
net profits.

I have a Vlookup set up for the quartiles, but I also need these cells to
sort the data based on the size or type of company I am analyzing as well.
The source table has the quartile data set up horizontally and the other
variables vertically (at the moment).

war_no

Sorting Data in Tables

Maybe my case is similar. I have data, like this (for sample) :

Name Point
A 10
B 2
C 8
D 6

I want to sort above table using formula, the result i hope is like
this:

Name Point
A 10
C 8
D 6
B 2

May i get solutions?:confused: , thanks

suwarno;)

--
war_no
war_no's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29622

irresistible007

Sorting Data in Tables

Without formula you can do like this:

Select the cells from right -bottom most cell (its important) left-top
most and click sort decending

--
irresistible007

irresistible007's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m63