-   -   References to Blank Cells turn into Zeros (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/60102-references-blank-cells-turn-into-zeros.html)

statusquo

References to Blank Cells turn into Zeros

Hi,

This is really annoying, but whenever I make a reference to a blank
cell, it turns into a zero, not a blank cell. Is there any easy way to
fix this?

Thanks

--
statusquo
statusquo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29501

RagDyer

References to Blank Cells turn into Zeros

One way:

=IF(Sheet1!A1<"",Sheet1!A1,"")

--
HTH,

RD

"statusquo" wrote
in message ...

Hi,

This is really annoying, but whenever I make a reference to a blank
cell, it turns into a zero, not a blank cell. Is there any easy way to
fix this?

Thanks

--
statusquo
statusquo's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=492931

statusquo

References to Blank Cells turn into Zeros

That will work, but it's a real pain to write that every time,
especially when I'm using an indirect to a different sheet, so the
formula gets extremely long. Is there some sort of formatting option
that can help fix this for me?

--
statusquo
statusquo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29501
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=492931

Peo Sjoblom

References to Blank Cells turn into Zeros

Of course will not work if you really want to view "real" zeros since they
will not be visible

General,-General;;

whatever number format you use end with 2 semi colons

0.00;-0.00;;

you can also turn them off via toolsoptionsview but that will affect the
lot, this will only affect those that you format and you can use the format
painter

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"statusquo" wrote