-   -   Copying information and calculations from one sheet to another she (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/59992-copying-information-calculations-one-sheet-another-she.html)

HawksNest

Copying information and calculations from one sheet to another she

I have a fairly large amount of information on sheet 1 of an Excel 2003
workbook. It has formulas, formatting, and conditional formatting. I am
wanting to be able to "copy" everything from sheet 1 to sheet 2 and have it
operate, independently, just as it did on sheet 1, while at the same time,
have sheet 1 operate just as it did before. The intent is to not have to
spend hours upon hours redoing what I have already done before. Any help I
could get would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

bpeltzer

Copying information and calculations from one sheet to another she

Any reason you can't just copy the entire sheet? Right-click on Sheet1's
tab, select "Move or Copy", and select the copy checkbox. The new sheet's
name will be something like "Sheet1 (2)". You can change the sheet name by
right-clicking on the tab and selecting Rename.

"HawksNest" wrote:

I have a fairly large amount of information on sheet 1 of an Excel 2003
workbook. It has formulas, formatting, and conditional formatting. I am
wanting to be able to "copy" everything from sheet 1 to sheet 2 and have it
operate, independently, just as it did on sheet 1, while at the same time,
have sheet 1 operate just as it did before. The intent is to not have to
spend hours upon hours redoing what I have already done before. Any help I
could get would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Neil M

Copying information and calculations from one sheet to another she

this can be done but there is a road block that I have run into. You need to
make sure that the cells are all the same size. Otherwise you get an error
message saying it cant paste the data.
I usually get the cells all the same height and width first, then simply
copy and paste the data onto the new sheet. You may need to verify that all
or any formulas and/or formatting doesn't get mixed up and reference the
first sheet.
Also, any font sizes or formatting may not transfer.

Neil M

Copying information and calculations from one sheet to another she

Or you can try the following:
(This is from Excel Help)

_________________________

Be careful when you move or copy sheets. Calculations or charts based on
worksheet data might become inaccurate if you move the worksheet. Similarly,
if you insert a worksheet between sheets that are referred to by a 3-D
formula reference, data on that worksheet might be included in the
calculation.

To move or copy sheets to another workbook, open the workbook that will
receive the sheets.
Switch to the workbook that contains the sheets you want to move or copy,
and then select the sheets.
How?

When you enter or change data, the changes affect all selected sheets. These
changes may replace data on the active sheet and other selected sheets.

To select Do this
A single sheet Click the sheet tab.

If you don't see the tab you want, click the tab scrolling buttons to
display the tab, and then click the tab.

Two or more adjacent sheets Click the tab for the first sheet, and then hold
down SHIFT and click the tab for the last sheet.
Two or more nonadjacent sheets Click the tab for the first sheet, and then
hold down CTRL and click the tabs for the other sheets.
All sheets in a workbook Right-click a sheet tab, and then click Select All
Sheets on the shortcut menu.

Note If sheet tabs have been color-coded, the sheet tab name will be
underlined in a user-specified color when selected. If the sheet tab is
displayed with a background color, the sheet has not been selected.
Cancel a selection of multiple sheets

To cancel a selection of multiple sheets in a workbook, click any unselected
sheet.

If no unselected sheet is visible, right-click the tab of a selected sheet.
Then click Ungroup Sheets on the shortcut menu.

On the Edit menu, click Move or Copy Sheet.
In the To book box, click the workbook to receive the sheets.
To move or copy the selected sheets to a new workbook, click new book.

In the Before sheet box, click the sheet before which you want to insert the
moved or copied sheets.
To copy the sheets instead of moving them, select the Create a copy check box.