Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bradley

Default Returning specific cell if zero

I am trying to write a formula to return a cell if zero is listed.

My example is

CURRENT MONTH 4776

JAN 4308
FEB 4388
MAR 4688
APR 4776
MAY 0
JUNE 0
JULY 0
AUG 0
SEPT 0
OCT 0
NOV 0
DEC 0

The CURRENT MONTH will always list the cell above the first zero listed,
since MAY is the first zero listed then April would be listed in the CURRENT
MONTH. I have tried IF statements. I am not very good yet with ARRAYS and
INDEXS.

Any help would be great!!!

Thanks
Bradley

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Aladin Akyurek

Assuming A5:B16 as the range that houses the sample you posted...

=INDEX(B5:B16,MATCH(TRUE,B5:B16=0,0)-1)

which needs to be confirmed with control+shift+enter.