Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Find percentage ???

"JoAnne" wrote:
How do I find percentage of a number... say..
A1 = 100
A2= 60% of A1 (100)

In A2, put the formula

=A1*60%

Simple as that. If you have such remedial questions,
I highly recommend that you get an intro book on Excel.
Posting every little question like this will be inefficient,
if not ineffective. Generally, I like the "For Dummies"
series of books, despite the unduly demeaning title.

(Note: On the other hand, the quality of the "For
Dummies" books varies greatly. I have not looked
at the Excel For Dummies book.)