-   -   how to add a drag-down list box in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/59751-how-add-drag-down-list-box-excel.html)

lili

how to add a drag-down list box in Excel

does anyone know how to add a drag -down list box and if I choos a from my
list, it will give 1 to cell B1, If I choose b from my list, it will give 2
to the same cell B1, and so on. Thanks.

Jay

how to add a drag-down list box in Excel

All you have to do is use data validation for the drop down box in A1 and
then in cell B2 use =LOOKUP(lookup_value,lookup_vector,result_vector).