-   -   Formulas in Excel XP (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/59688-formulas-excel-xp.html)

Rebecca

Formulas in Excel XP

Trying to insert a 5% price increase into a range of cells. I.e. - customer
price list will recieve a 5% increase... Is there any way to to insert a
formula into a range of cells or do you "paste & copy" the formula into each
individual cell (what I am doing now).

Search33

Formulas in Excel XP

Put the number 1.05 into a cell that you are not currently using. Copy the
cell. Highlight the range of cells that you would like to apply the 5%
increase to. Click on Edit -- Past Special... -- Choose Multiply from the
operation section. Click OK.

"Rebecca" wrote:

Trying to insert a 5% price increase into a range of cells. I.e. - customer
price list will recieve a 5% increase... Is there any way to to insert a
formula into a range of cells or do you "paste & copy" the formula into each
individual cell (what I am doing now).

Peo Sjoblom

Formulas in Excel XP

If you are going to increase a value with 5% you can do as follows,
put 1.05 in an empty cell, copy it (ctrl + C or editcopy), select the list
you want to change and do editpaste special and select multiply
You might want to backup your data first

Peo Sjoblom

"Rebecca" wrote in message
Trying to insert a 5% price increase into a range of cells. I.e. -

customer
price list will recieve a 5% increase... Is there any way to to insert a
formula into a range of cells or do you "paste & copy" the formula into

each
individual cell (what I am doing now).

Rebecca

Formulas in Excel XP

Thank You - Thank You - Thank You

"Rebecca" wrote:

Trying to insert a 5% price increase into a range of cells. I.e. - customer
price list will recieve a 5% increase... Is there any way to to insert a
formula into a range of cells or do you "paste & copy" the formula into each
individual cell (what I am doing now).

Rebecca

Formulas in Excel XP

Thank You so much!!