-   -   Printing to PDF (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5967-re-printing-pdf.html)

David A. Smith

Printing to PDF

"Scott" wrote:

I have created a workbook with 4 pages. When I try to
print to a pdf file, it breaks the workbook into 2
separate files. Why? How can I get it to print to only 1
file.

I found a fix to this problem, that works in Office 2000 anyway...

Each worksheet is created from a single worksheet.
Right click on the target worksheet, "Move or Copy", check "Make a Copy".

DON'T Insert-Worksheet.
DON'T populate more than a single worksheet that is to be printed from the
auto-generated ones.

Then format away. The result for me was a five page, single pdf, three
pages portrait, and two pages landscape (with graphics). Before applying
this trick, I had three individual pages (each as their own pdf) and a pair
of pages that had been copied one from the other (which was the clue)

Yes, it is a pain in the tush to copy the contents and the column widths
from existing spreadsheets, but it does pay off...