-   -   How do I convert 300616a to show as a number 303616? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5962-how-do-i-convert-300616a-show-number-303616-a.html)

SusanK

How do I convert 300616a to show as a number 303616?

I am trying to convert a number ending with a letter to just the number. In
there a function in excel that can perform this task?

Frank Kabel

Hi
try
=--LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"SusanK" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I am trying to convert a number ending with a letter to just the

number. In
there a function in excel that can perform this task?

K.S.Warrier

Hi,
try :-if A1=300616a,then
B1=left(A1,6)=300616 (6 in the formula shows the first 6 in A1
Thank you,
K.S.warrier

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
try
=--LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"SusanK" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I am trying to convert a number ending with a letter to just the

number. In
there a function in excel that can perform this task?

Ken Wright

The downside to that is that the LEFT function returns a text string, hence
if you look at Frank's response you will see the double unary preceding his
use of the function, as this coerces the data back to numeric.

Regards
Ken...................

"K.S.Warrier" wrote:

Hi,
try :-if A1=300616a,then
B1=left(A1,6)=300616 (6 in the formula shows the first 6 in A1
Thank you,
K.S.warrier

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi