-   -   Sum formula of cells with specific color value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/59618-sum-formula-cells-specific-color-value.html)

MSOChick

Sum formula of cells with specific color value

Hello,
I am trying to ceate a SUM formula to add only the green filled
cells in a specified range. I am trying to do it with sum and
cell("color",reference) but I can't seem to be able to find color values. A
formula of: SUM(A3:E3) =CELL("color") simply returns a TRUE value. Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lia

Bob Phillips

Sum formula of cells with specific color value

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"MSOChick" wrote in message
Hello,
I am trying to ceate a SUM formula to add only the green filled
cells in a specified range. I am trying to do it with sum and
cell("color",reference) but I can't seem to be able to find color values.

formula of: SUM(A3:E3) =CELL("color") simply returns a TRUE value. Any

help
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lia

MSOChick

Sum formula of cells with specific color value

Thanks so much! I found a VB that would counts the colors successfully, but
not when text or numbers were added to the cell.