Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
statusquo

Default Comparing One Range and Adding Another

Hi,

For one of my sheets, I need to sum all the values in A1:A10 for which
the corresponding value in B1:B10 is less than 30. For example

A B
2 40
5 20
10 50
20 10

Would equal 25 (A2+A4 because B2 and B4 are both less than 30, but B1
and B3 are not).

Thanks!

--
statusquo
statusquo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29501

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ScottO

Take a look at the SUMIF function.
Rgds,
ScottO

"statusquo"
wrote in message

| Hi,
|
| For one of my sheets, I need to sum all the values in A1:A10 for
which
| the corresponding value in B1:B10 is less than 30. For example
|
| A B
| 2 40
| 5 20
| 10 50
| 20 10
|
| Would equal 25 (A2+A4 because B2 and B4 are both less than 30, but
B1
| and B3 are not).
|
| Thanks!
|

| --
| statusquo
| -------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
| statusquo's Profile:
| View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

=SUMIF(B1:B10,"<30",A1:A10)

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 19:00:02 -0600, statusquo
wrote:

Hi,

For one of my sheets, I need to sum all the values in A1:A10 for which
the corresponding value in B1:B10 is less than 30. For example

A B
2 40
5 20
10 50
20 10

Would equal 25 (A2+A4 because B2 and B4 are both less than 30, but B1
and B3 are not).

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
statusquo