-   -   Sales V commission (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/59559-sales-v-commission.html)

Carauto

Sales V commission

I need to know how to calculate the following sales commissions as shown
below:

Sales Payment per order
1-10 £10
11-20 £15
21-30 £20
31-40 £25

How can I create a formula so that whenever I say, sales for Mr "A" are
36 then it shows the result in a cell.

Hope someone can help me and thanks.

Martin

--
Carauto
Carauto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29500

Sandy Mann

Sales V commission

Martin,

Assuming that the series carries on in the same arithmetic progression try:

=CEILING(A1,10)-(CEILING(A1,10)/10-1)*5*(A10)

--
HTH

Sandy

Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk

"Carauto" wrote in
message ...

I need to know how to calculate the following sales commissions as shown
below:

Sales Payment per order
1-10 £10
11-20 £15
21-30 £20
31-40 £25

How can I create a formula so that whenever I say, sales for Mr "A" are
36 then it shows the result in a cell.

Hope someone can help me and thanks.

Martin

--
Carauto
Carauto's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=492032

Richard Buttrey

Sales V commission

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 16:58:10 -0600, Carauto
wrote:

I need to know how to calculate the following sales commissions as shown
below:

Sales Payment per order
1-10 £10
11-20 £15
21-30 £20
31-40 £25

How can I create a formula so that whenever I say, sales for Mr "A" are
36 then it shows the result in a cell.

Hope someone can help me and thanks.

Martin

This is exactly what Vlookup is for. Particularly if unlike in this
example the relationship between sales and payments are not directly
proportional.

Create a table in A1:B5

0 0
1 10