-   -   Continue formula to LINE 1000 without showing FALSE (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/59402-continue-formula-line-1000-without-showing-false.html)

chieron

Continue formula to LINE 1000 without showing FALSE

I have a formula to recognise if "yes" and "no" - when I copy this formula
down from say line 26 to line 1000 I get a run of FALSE

The formula I'm using is =IF(I13="yes",SUM(C13:F13)-G13,IF(I13="no","0"))
and this works fine when I put in 'yes' or 'no' but were it is left blank I
get FALSE continuously running down from line 26 to line 1000.

Can you help??

bpeltzer

Continue formula to LINE 1000 without showing FALSE

You didn't say what your desired result is with a blank input. If you want a
blank result, chage the ending )) to ,"")). The "" becomes the else clasue
for the "no" condition. Also, to get numeric results consistenly for yes and
no inputs, I suspect you want to strip out the quotes around the 0.
--Bruce

"chieron" wrote:

I have a formula to recognise if "yes" and "no" - when I copy this formula
down from say line 26 to line 1000 I get a run of FALSE

The formula I'm using is =IF(I13="yes",SUM(C13:F13)-G13,IF(I13="no","0"))
and this works fine when I put in 'yes' or 'no' but were it is left blank I
get FALSE continuously running down from line 26 to line 1000.

Can you help??

Bob Phillips

Continue formula to LINE 1000 without showing FALSE

I have responded ion the other thread.

--

HTH

RP