-   -   I can't edit excel by right clicking (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5940-i-cant-edit-excel-right-clicking.html)

Jennie4

I can't edit excel by right clicking

I can no longer use my right click to edit. ie. copy, paste, insert, delete.
It's greyed out. I can still use the edit functions on the tool bar. How do I
get it back to my mouse?

David McRitchie

Hi Jenn,
Typically in an Event macro specifically a Change Event macro
you have to disable Events so that a change that you make will not trigger
another Change Event. If you fail to reenable Events or the macro terminates
abnormally and does not reenable Events -- you will not be able to ruen an
event macro or use your right click to do bring up a context menu.

Application.EnableEvents = False 'should be part of Change macro near beginning
Application.EnableEvents = True 'should be part of Change macro near end

Sub Fix_Things()
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
Application.EnableEvents = True 'should be part of Change macro
End Sub

Read more and view a better macro on a link from this link
Event Macros, Worksheet Events and Workbook Events
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#problems

---
HTH,