-   -   How do I capitalize and parse in the same formula? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/59364-how-do-i-capitalize-parse-same-formula.html)

blondegreenjeans

How do I capitalize and parse in the same formula?

I need to write a formula that does 2 functions, LEFTand UPPER. Is this
possible?
I need to "grab" the first three leeters of a word and capitalize them to
add to numbers to create a part number.

Thanks in advance....

Peo Sjoblom

How do I capitalize and parse in the same formula?

=UPPER(LEFT(A1,3))

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"blondegreenjeans" wrote in
message ...
I need to write a formula that does 2 functions, LEFTand UPPER. Is this
possible?
I need to "grab" the first three leeters of a word and capitalize them to
add to numbers to create a part number.

Thanks in advance....

Dave Peterson

How do I capitalize and parse in the same formula?

=upper(left(a1,3))&"1234"
or maybe:
=upper(left(a1,3))&text(b1,"0000")

if b1 contains a number.