-   -   Summation Problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5925-summation-problem.html)

cdehrlich

Summation Problem

Not all numbers in a column are being added to the sum. If I format all as $,
not all of the numbers get the format.

Bernard Liengme

Try this: enter 1 in an empty cell and copy it; seelct all the cells in
problem column and use Edit| Paste Special -Multiply.

"cdehrlich" wrote in message
Not all numbers in a column are being added to the sum. If I format all as
$,
not all of the numbers get the format.

Bernie Deitrick

Some of the cells were formatted as text prior to having values entered, or
were entered with a leading single quote mark.

Try entering 1 into a blank cell, copying that cell, then selecting your
values (in cells formatted for $) and using Paste Special / values /
multiply to convert those strings to numbers.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP