-   -   Setting up data to create a chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5920-setting-up-data-create-chart.html)

George Murray

Setting up data to create a chart

Is there a way to look at a range of cells, take all the data in this range
without duplicate entries use it for chart labels and then find and sum all
data associated with these labels elswhere on the sheet to be used for chart
data. I hope the following clarifies this question a little.

A B C D
E F
1 JOBNAME JOB NUMBER START FINISH TOTAL
2
3 Job 1 12345 07:30 09:00
1:30
4 Job 2 24680 09:00 13:00
4:00
5 Job 1 12345 13:00 16:00
3:00
6
7 Job 3 13579 07:30 12:00
4:30
8 Job 2 24680 12:00 15:00
3:00
9 Job 1 12345 15:00 16:00
1:00

Please note that the blank row between is required. The labels should come
from column A while the sum by label should come from column F.

If more information is needed please let me know.

George