-   -   how to hide #N/A's? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5917-how-hide-n.html)

Todd

how to hide #N/A's?

I am using a formula that returns #N/A frequently and I am wondering if
there is a way using conditional formatting or a different format feature to
not have those returns show? All the #N/A make the worksheet look cluttered.

TIA

Todd

Don Guillett

The best way to do this is
=if(isna(myformula),"",myformula)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Todd" wrote in message
I am using a formula that returns #N/A frequently and I am wondering if
there is a way using conditional formatting or a different format feature

not have those returns show? All the #N/A make the worksheet look

cluttered.

TIA

Todd

F6Hawk

I used this formula for that issue:

=IF(A20="","",IF(ISNA(INDEX(AP19:AR800,MATCH(A20,A P19:AP800,0),2)),"",INDEX(AP19:AR800,MATCH(A20,AP1 9:AP800,0),2)))

Mine involves looking data up in a table, but I think the ISNA() function is
what you are looking for. Do a search for IS functions, and you will see all
of them.

Perhaps what you are looking for is something along these lines:
=IF(ISNA(your.formula), "", your.formula)

HTH!
Dave

"Todd" wrote:

I am using a formula that returns #N/A frequently and I am wondering if
there is a way using conditional formatting or a different format feature to
not have those returns show? All the #N/A make the worksheet look cluttered.

TIA

Todd

F6Hawk

Sorry about the multiples, I am using the M$ browser interface, and it kept
telling me my post did not get sent, so I kept trying.

Now I know better.

Domenic

Try the following...

1) Select your data

2) Format Conditional Formatting Formula Is

3) Enter the following formula:

=ISNA(A1)

4) Choose your format, in this case "White" for the color of your font

5) Click OK

Change the cell reference in the formula from A1 to the first cell in
the range of data you selected.

Hope this helps!

Domenic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10785
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=276264