-   -   input mask in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/58631-input-mask-excel.html)

Osama Mira

input mask in excel

Hi,
I need to make input mask for date cell like MS-Access I mean when user
enter date comes to him date mask like __/__/____ when he write on that field
comes 04/__/____ until finsh 04/12/2005. is it posible in excel???

Mark

input mask in excel

Not unless you use a variable behind the scenes to hold the value and
replace it with whatever 'mask' you decide. In other words it can be
done, but it is not native to basic Excel functionality.

Osama Mira

input mask in excel

Hi Mark,
good how it can be? please can you help me..

Mark

input mask in excel

Are you trying to do this in order to make it easier to enter a date in
a cell? I mean it is kind of a pain in the butt to have to enter all
of the "/"'s in between the numbers. If that is the case you could
create a form that pops up using a calendar control to enter the date
instead... I have done this and it works very nicely.

Osama Mira

input mask in excel

Hi,
Not exactly what I need. Exactly I need the "/' appers to me in editing mode
of that date cell. If you know about access named "Input mask" for date feild
proprties?

Gord Dibben

input mask in excel

Excel does not have the input mask function that Access provides.

Gord

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 22:23:02 -0800, "Osama Mira"
wrote:

Hi,
Not exactly what I need. Exactly I need the "/' appers to me in editing mode
of that date cell. If you know about access named "Input mask" for date feild
proprties?

Mark

input mask in excel

Yes, I am familiar with input masks. What I don't understand is why
you need this done that way? Are you transferring the data between
Excel and Access? If that is the case, you could perhaps try using a
custom format like this one...##"/"##"/"## Now if you enter something
like 011005 which would be valid in an Access enviroment, the cell will
still display it as 01/10/05. Hopefully that will do. If not, please
explain Why you need this and maybe I can find some sort of workaround
for you. If you don't know how to format...just check out the help on
custom formats.