-   -   Modify Row & Cell Contents based upon Cells Values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5852-modify-row-cell-contents-based-upon-cells-values.html)

bpat1434

Modify Row & Cell Contents based upon Cells Values

Thanks for your help. You helped me understand a bit.

Only problem I have here is this:

I'm already using conditional formatting to color alternate rows a
light shade of blue (instead of the gray. If I can use autoformat to
clear up a conditional, please tell me how to do this while keeping the
same color scheme.

I'm also using a conditional format to modify the row color based upon
if the item in $K2="Picked Up".

The value of $K2 is actually a drop down box with two choices, and two
choices only.

$B2 is actually a properly formatted date (12/12/2004) so I figure
using DATEVALUE($B2) would work.

So, is there a way I can combine the two conditional formats of any
suggested or current? i.e. combine the alternate row & $K2="Picked Up"
or the two suggested.

Thanks for the help.

~Brett Patterson

--
bpat1434
bpat1434's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16155

Dave Peterson

You can have up to 3 conditions for your conditional formatting. The first one
that returns true wins. So if you want red, then grey, then lightblue, make
sure that the lightblue conditional formatting is condition 3.

(There's a button on that CF dialog that allows you to add more conditions (up
to 3 total).

If you have 12/12/2004 in B2, try =datevalue($b2) in an empty cell as a test.
What do you get?

===
Did you really mean autoformat (like in Format|Autoformat...)? It doesn't sound
like you need it to me.