-   -   How do I display list of tab names used in a workbook on a sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/58303-how-do-i-display-list-tab-names-used-workbook-sheet.html)

tmottur

How do I display list of tab names used in a workbook on a sheet

I have a Workbook with 60 named tabs (ie not just Sheet 1, Sheet 2, ...) and
want to have the names appear on a list on a new tab called "Tab Name".

Gary''s Student

How do I display list of tab names used in a workbook on a sheet

Consider this tiny macro:

Sub Macro1()
Dim w As Worksheet
i = 1
For Each w In Worksheets
Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(i, 1) = w.Name
i = i + 1
Next
End Sub

It assumes that the worksheet "Sheet1" exists to do the recording.

Have a good day!
--
Gary's Student

"tmottur" wrote:

I have a Workbook with 60 named tabs (ie not just Sheet 1, Sheet 2, ...) and
want to have the names appear on a list on a new tab called "Tab Name".

Gord Dibben

How do I display list of tab names used in a workbook on a sheet

Sub ShowNames()
Set wkbkToCount = ActiveWorkbook
iRow = 1
With Sheets.Add