-   -   Is de-duping in advanced filter limited to a number of rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/57924-de-duping-advanced-filter-limited-number-rows.html)

Sully

Is de-duping in advanced filter limited to a number of rows

I am using the advanced filer in excel to remove duplicates from my data set.
The function works OK for a few hundred rows. It does not work for 1500
rows. I would like to use it for a data set of 12000 rows. Is this function
limited to a number of rows? If so, is there anothe way to de-dup 12000 rows

DOR

Is de-duping in advanced filter limited to a number of rows

AutoFilter is limited to showing the first 1,000 unique entries in its
drop-down list. To de-dupe another way, use another column for a
COUNTIF function. In it put

=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)1,"X","")

and drag down to copy to the end of your list (assuming your list is in
column A).

Now autofilter on that column for X to get duplicates and delete them,
or Autofilter on blanks to get the uniques and copy them elsewhere.

HTH

DOR

Peo Sjoblom

Is de-duping in advanced filter limited to a number of rows

Not to my knowledge, I have used advanced filter on plus 20000 rows
and it works fine, note that if you do it in place you are not removing any
duplicates you are just hiding the rows with the duplicates. I always use
copy to another location that way I get a list without hidden rows

Peo Sjoblom