-   -   I get error messages in Excel cells once I save a file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/57646-i-get-error-messages-excel-cells-once-i-save-file.html)

JeffJake

I get error messages in Excel cells once I save a file

When I open a certain Excel spreadsheet from an e-mail attachment, all cells
operate fine, and all calculations work. Once I save the file on my
computer, and re-open it, I get a lot of #NAME? errors. These seem to refer
to cell names that don't exist in my file, like worksheets that may have been
removed from the file before it was sent to me. How do I save the data
correctly, without the error messages appearing?

Gord Dibben

I get error messages in Excel cells once I save a file

Jeff

Look at the cells with #NAME? errors.

They may contain Functions from the Analysis Toolpak or User Defined Functions
that are stored in a workbook or add-in not available.

Go to ToolsAdd-ins and checkmark Analysis ToolpakOK

Then do F9 re-calculate.

Post back with your findings.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP