-   -   HOW DO I REMOVE DUPLICATED NAMES ON SPREADSHEET EXCEL97 3900 ROWS. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5764-how-do-i-remove-duplicated-names-spreadsheet-excel97-3900-rows.html)

Allen Wright

HOW DO I REMOVE DUPLICATED NAMES ON SPREADSHEET EXCEL97 3900 ROWS.

I have to create a mail label list from this list of property owners a total
0f 3900 lots. There are several owners that own more than one lot. I need
to know how to remove the duplication names. All names are in column A.

JulieD

Hi Allen

check out chip pearson's website for all you ever wanted to know about
duplicates
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

i think you'll find everything you need there - alternatively you could use
the advanced filter
select the column
choose data / filter / advanced filter
choose copy to another location, click in the box for the other location adn
then click on a cell at the top of a blank column
then click in the unique records only check box
click OK
and you should end up with a list of the unique values from your full list.

Cheers
JulieD