-   -   projecting growth (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5755-projecting-growth.html)

eplfan

projecting growth

I have 5 years worth of data of our membership base, I would like to be able
to predict membership base for this and next year using these 5 years. the
trend function did not give me an accurate answer, I do not understand the
linest function and not sure if that is the one that I need. any help would
be great. also any books on statistics and probability for the layman would
be appreciated
thanks.

ehntd

try statistical techniques in business and economics, tenth edition.

Mason, Lind and Marchal

--
ehntd
ehntd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15865