-   -   Help with function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5745-help-function.html)

psyd

Help with function

I am currently summing several cells on different sheets, determining a
percentage, assigning a 1 through 5 value based on the percentage, on a
seperate sheet I am taking the 1 through 5 values and trying to
determine a percentage for completed fields above 3 and the average of
these values.

I tried =average('sheet 1'$a$1,'sheet 2,etc.) but I'm having trouble
with this. I also need to take the percentage of those above 3 vs all
complete. Any help would be appreciated. :)

--
psyd
psyd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16106

Alex Delamain

I don't think you need the apostrophes
ie
=average(sheet1!A1, sheet2!A1,etc)

To get your percentage use something like
=if(a1<0.2,1,if(a1<0.4,2,if(a1<0.6,3,if(a1<0.8,4,5 ))))

Finally to get the percentage of cells with 3 or better

=countif(a1:a100,"=3")/count(a1:a100)

--
Alex Delamain
Alex Delamain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11273