-   -   Extract Pixel Values to Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5725-extract-pixel-values-excel.html)

CR Optiker

Extract Pixel Values to Excel?

I have an 8-bit grayscale image and want to extract the pixel values to an
array, to Excel, to a CSV text file, or to what some apps refer to as a
text image. I have apps that will do that - for example, ImageJ allows
SaveTo as a text file, and ImagePro has a BitMap Analysis function that
allows DDE to Excel, copy to clipboard, or save to a text file.

Unfortunately, the only app I will have available to do that with is
Photoshop. I have looked over the menus, searched (but probably missed the
correct key words), browsed the HELP index, and haven't found anything like
that. I don't know enough about image formats ata detailed enough level to
just save to an image file and manually extract the pixel values.

Is there a fairly simple way to accomplish that with Photoshop?

Thanks!
Optiker

CR Optiker

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 14:43:11 -0800, CR Optiker wrote:

I have an 8-bit grayscale image and want to extract the pixel values to an

Sorry...wrong newsgroup...please ignore.

Optiker